Question about running the dedupe data store outside of the media aagent data store.

Last post 02-01-2013, 5:10 PM by Nevaduh. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Question about running the dedupe data store outside of the media aagent data store.
    Posted: 01-30-2013, 12:51 PM

presently I have 80 TB hooked to the media agent on slower dell 7.2K rpm Dell MD-1200's.   It was suggested that we move the Dedupe data store off the slow disks and on to 15 K rpm disks inside of the Comvault Media Agent Server.

do any of your sights have a setup like this?    any suggestions on what i need to buy?

Thank you in advance!

• Re: Question about running the dedupe data store outside of the media aagent data store.
    Posted: 02-01-2013, 4:54 PM

By commvault server do you mean Commserve or a media agent?

DDB sizing for backend 80TB is:

Node Type RAM Suggested DDB Volume Size IOPs With Single worker thread IOPs With 8 Worker Threads Estimated Backend Size* Estimated Front End Size** Example Configurations
    Large 32-64 GB 1 TB 320+ 1000+ 60-90 TB 40-50 TB 8 Spindles, 15K RPM SAS/FC, 300 + GB each, RAID 10

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/release_9_0_0/books_online_1/english_us/features/dedup_disk/building_block.htm

If you can afford SSD that would net better results.

• Re: Question about running the dedupe data store outside of the media aagent data store.
    Posted: 02-01-2013, 5:10 PM

I worded that wrong.   I needed to say the media agent.   Since I posted  I moved the Swap file and the DDB to the internal 10K rpm 300 Gb drives.    I need to run the IOPS, but the aux copy has climbed to @ 370 GB per hour from @ 250 Gb.

See the attachment.

Attachment: My computer.jpg
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy