Increase capacity in disk library

Last post 08-14-2013, 9:00 AM by Ali. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Increase capacity in disk library
    Posted: 08-14-2013, 8:48 AM

Hi all,

We have Commvault 9 SP11 on Win Server 2008 R2. We use a tape and disk library combo. I recently added 2TB of extra space on the tape library, I also increased the space in the storage array and within windows.

Should commvault detect the extra 2TB on it's own? I did not see in the Control Panel where to increase the space. I have searched but not found much on increasing space on an existing disk library.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

• Re: Increase capacity in disk library
    Posted: 08-14-2013, 8:57 AM
    • Ali is not online. Last active: 07-03-2019, 12:32 PM Ali
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Hello Gibson, thanks for the post.

Yes, by default every 30 minutes the Media Agent should refresh the space calculation, and report that back on to the Commserve, which should reflect the free space within the GUI no intervention needed. 

Guessing the free space shows in the OS, this is only for Disk based libraries.  You mentioned "tape library" did you mean you added extra tapes, could you please clarify.

Posted: 08-14-2013, 8:59 AM

Hi Ali,

I added two more hard drives in the disk library. The space is now showing in Commvault, guess I wasn't patient enough Tongue out

THanks for the reply.

Posted: 08-14-2013, 9:00 AM
    • Ali is not online. Last active: 07-03-2019, 12:32 PM Ali
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Thanks for the confirmation Smile

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy