Same feature as Veeam Virtual lab

Last post 11-27-2016, 8:23 AM by Shahahar R. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Same feature as Veeam Virtual lab
    Posted: 11-19-2016, 11:15 AM

Hi,

I am looking for the same functionnality as Veeam Virtual LAB.

Does Commvault provide this.

Thank you !

• Re: Same feature as Veeam Virtual lab
    Posted: 11-21-2016, 5:17 AM

Hi.

Virtual Lab have several sets of uses. what do you wish to perform?

In case you ask about virtual machine verification - commvault LiveSync have the "test boot VM" feature.

In case you wish a standby server for test proposes you can schedule an automatic restore VM with name change from the most recent backup or perform Livesync to the VM. on both cases make sure to edit the network adapter settings to avoid conflict with the Production server (can be done at the restore / livesync configuration).

Posted: 11-24-2016, 5:42 AM

Hi Shahahar,

I want to run a set of VM directly from backup (disk library) for test, dev, patches purpose.

exemple : 1 DC, 1 web server, 1 sql server. map them on another network, try my patches and tests, and after using them, destroy the modifications !!

Thank you

Posted: 11-27-2016, 8:23 AM

Hi.

I guess you can run Live Recovery and edit the VM network settings to isolate the servers.

Keep in mind to change the "Delay before migration" value, otherwise the system will start storage vmotion to the production Datastores.

once you finish the tests, kill the restore job.

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=products/vs_vmware/t_vmw_restore_vm_instant_recovery.htm

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy