Error with Apllication aware Backup

Last post 03-06-2017, 3:09 PM by JohnBaggs. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Error with Apllication aware Backup
    Posted: 01-04-2017, 4:19 AM

I have a Problem with my Commvault 11 SP6 installation.

Wen i create a Virtual-Server Backup and enable Application aware backup i have to create a Sap-Copy storage policy to get thinks working. when i dont have this policy i always get the following error:

"Error Code: [19:857]
    Description: MediaAgent not installed on VSA proxy 10004_psrv04 or Snap copy not created on storage policy associated with VSA subclient. Install mediagent on proxy 10004_psrv04 AND/OR create the snap copy for storage policy associated with VSA subclient and re-run the VSA job for a successful App Aware backup of VM psrv01_01.
    Source: pinf05, Process: Workflow     "

In this description you can read the you have to install the mediaagent on the vsa proxy OR yuo have to enable sanpcyop. i have installed the mediaagent on the vsa proxy (10004_psrv04, win2012r2). so whats the problem here.

greetings, franz

• Re: Error with Apllication aware Backup
    Posted: 03-06-2017, 3:09 PM

Hi:

You actually need to do both. 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2017 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy