New Archiving Retention rules

Last post 08-16-2017, 6:09 AM by Andi Patrick. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • New Archiving Retention rules
    Posted: 08-09-2017, 5:17 AM

Why has this been changed?  Just converted from classic archiver to OnePass, I have the rules set up how we need them.

Files are stubbed after 2 years, and kept indefinitely.  Synthetic fulls ensure we have a copy of all data available on disk libraries.

Just installed our first v11 (Index v2) client and the new rules just don't make as much sense as the old ones to me, I've read and re-read the books online and I still can't figure out how to replicate what we had before.

All I want is to stub the files if they are un-modified after 2 years, keep the files indefinitely, keep user deleted files for 2 years.

• Re: New Archiving Retention rules
    Posted: 08-10-2017, 4:26 PM

Just to clarify the requirement,

1. Stubbing after 2 years

2. Retain all files/stubs as long as they are on disk

3. When a file/stub is deleted by user from disk, its retained for 2 more years

Please confirm and we can help you configure.

Posted: 08-10-2017, 4:28 PM

Just to clarify the requirement again,

1. Stubbing after 2 years

2. Retain all files/stubs as long as they are on disk

3. When a file/stub is deleted by user from disk, its retained for 2 more years

Please let us know and we can help you configure.

Regards

Chitra

Posted: 08-14-2017, 5:43 AM

This is an example of one of our existing retention property pages on an old v10 client upgraded to v11, files are stubbed after 2 years, and then brought forward by synthetic fulls.  I just want to make sure that we can replicate this as our SLA with our customers requires it.

Always frustrates me when things like this change, as they did from classic archiver to onepass.  We have to jump through lots of hoops to check settings against our internal SLAs.

Posted: 08-15-2017, 10:48 AM

Hi Andi,

Can we have a quick call so we can discuss this one? If so, please publish the number and preferred times and I will call you.

Regards

Chitra

Posted: 08-16-2017, 6:09 AM

Sent a PM

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2017 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy