Wanting to use the Schedule Policies Tasks feature to drive VMware vCenter - VSA iDa/Storage Policies Classic Copy

Last post 07-17-2018, 4:18 PM by Chris217. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wanting to use the Schedule Policies Tasks feature to drive VMware vCenter - VSA iDa/Storage Policies Classic Copy
    Posted: 07-17-2018, 4:18 PM

Excuse me if this question is a repeat, however I have looked and cannot locate a previous posting which provides potentially simple answer for this setup.

IntelliSnap for NetApp Storage Polices.

I am wanting to use the Schedule Policies feature to drive VMware vCenter - VSA iDa/Storage Policies.

At two different vCenter sites each of which have an individual Virtual VSA's connecting to a vCenter Instance - defined under each Virtual Server/VMware specific defaultBackupSet are created with a small number of Subclients ennumerated via Content Browse/Datastores and Datastore Clusters based on NetApp NFS Datastore volumes. All with "Enable" backup copy.

The Storage Policies for each SubClient points to specific Storage Policies for each site. Each Storage Policy is created with 1. Primary (Snap) and 2.  Primary (Classic) set with that same precedence. The Primary (Snap) is set for Retention for 1 Day, 1 Cycle, and teh Primary (Classic) is set for  7 Days 2 Cycles. The properties of the Storage Policy "Snapshot" tab is set to Enable Backup Copy, W/Snapshots created on after date, and "Choose the Backup Selection Rule: Advanced set to "Weekly Jobs" with week starts on Saturday or Sunday, using "Last full backup". NOT SURE IF THIS IS THE ACTUAL PROBLEM I AM THINKING IT IS..."

So all the said to get to this point, I am trying to use the "Schedule Policy" option with two backup types: 1. Backup Copy, and 2. Data Protection. The Data protection type runs with 2 tasks to manage snapshots 2 daily and run Weekly Full Backup snapshot with Daily Incr Backup runs fine.  The Backup Copy type using the Primary Classic appears to only run when I manually run it using CS Console. Please help with specific criteria for Backup Selection Rules and any depenpencies associated with using Schedule Policy Tasks.

Thank you in Advanced for any insights you may have.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2018 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy