LiveSync "Sync in progress"

Last post 11-09-2018, 11:03 AM by smithse. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • LiveSync "Sync in progress"
    Posted: 11-06-2018, 9:59 AM

I Hallo,

we are using livesync under VmWare between different Datacenters. So we use auxcopy for moveing date and after that job we use restore from secondary data path.

We had an Network outage between both DC and the AuxCopy job could not run for 4 Days. Now the network connection is up and the auxcopy is done.

I have some VMs that have 4 backup jobs pending but the status sync ion progress.

There is no running job. I have restarted CS Services in DC2 without success.

Under the livesync monitor i cant click on any option tap with righclick.

When i start the scheduler with run imi for this livesync operations did not start.

So what can we do to sync this vms ?

• Re: LiveSync "Sync in progress"
    Posted: 11-06-2018, 10:32 AM

From the live sync monitor can you select "Disable Live Sync" for one of the VM's?
    Option is located under: Right Click VM - Live Sync - Disable Live Sync.

Then re-enable and see if it starts a sync again or try starting manually.

Otherwise check the Admin Console - Monitoring - Replication Monitor.
    You might be able to stop the process there.

If this doesn't work you should raise a ticket with commvault support, you might have an issue within the CS DB which needs to be corrected via script.

You might be able to check the DB on the current status (see attachment for table and field).
    Note: Please do not edit manually!

Jos Meijer
    Senior Technical Consultant
    Attachment: LiveSyncStatus.png
    Posted: 11-06-2018, 11:03 AM

Hi,

all options are disabeld:

Posted: 11-07-2018, 2:18 AM

Did you post a printscreen or something, I cannot see the information.

Can you post/add it again?

Jos Meijer
    Senior Technical Consultant
    Posted: 11-09-2018, 11:03 AM

sry for the delay we had opend an case and we are fighting for a solution.

Because we are not in sync and wen fully out of Sync we decided to delete the livesync schedule ( Disable and enabel does not help ) But now we have the Problem that we can not create an new livesync config on the default backup set ( our old livesync config was based on defaultbackupset ) We can only create livesync config ob subclients.... The thing is we have over 20 Subclients and the VMS which are needed for livesync are distributed over all subclients. So we must be sure that all VMS are catched.

Our old livesync was created in an prior SP version and there was the option to setup the livesync config on defaultbackupset...

Do you have any idears ?

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy