Livesync VMware, Second VM Folder Created In Datastore

Last post 02-01-2019, 1:23 PM by crash. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Livesync VMware, Second VM Folder Created In Datastore
    Posted: 01-31-2019, 1:49 PM

Hello,

I just recently started using Livesync for some of our VMware VMs to assist in VM migration to a new datacenter. I have noticed that the VMs that are being LiveSync'd have a second folder created in the VMware datastore. The second folder has a "_1" appended to it.

For example, I have VM ServerA located on a datastore in folder ServerA. After the LiveSync is setup and server has been sync'd, a second folder shows up in the datastore called ServerA_1.

Is it safe to remove the ServerA_1 folder?

Eventually the VM at the sync'd location will become production. Could I delete the ServerA_1 folder without affecting the VM?

Environment

VCenter 6.5

Commvault 11 SP13+

Thanks in advance,

Lance

• Re: Livesync VMware, Second VM Folder Created In Datastore
    Posted: 02-01-2019, 1:17 PM

Both the original VM and the location where it is being Sync'd to are on vCenter 6.5?

• Re: Livesync VMware, Second VM Folder Created In Datastore
    Posted: 02-01-2019, 1:23 PM

The original VM and sync'd VM are on different Vcenters.

Original VM on VCenter 5.5.

Sync'd VM on VCenter 6.5.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy