Commserv OS refresh

Last post 02-13-2019, 12:43 PM by LEDFOUR. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Commserv OS refresh
    Posted: 02-07-2019, 11:26 AM

Hi All,

I am planning out, at the least, an OS upgrade on my Commserv. I am looking in to a hardware refresh as well.

As we have our own DBA team in our enterprise, they have us working on moving off of 2014 SQL and on to 2016/2017 SQL.

I am still discussing with the team if we will install our own SQL license or if we will use what is installed with the base Commvault install.

I have reviewed the steps and things to configre if we go our own SQL installation.

But as we are on 2012 SQL installed are there any points to watch out for?

Thanks

LED4
  • Re: Commserv OS refresh
    Posted: 02-08-2019, 2:06 AM

You can use your license. It wont cause any issues.

Posted: 02-08-2019, 8:43 AM
    Thanks but not really what I was looking for.
    Looking for any experiences and considerations if we choose to go our own SQL 2017 or 2019 installation and what to look out for.
    LED4
    Posted: 02-08-2019, 4:51 PM

LED, i have personally done an install of SP14 CS on win2019+SQL 2017, just to see if it works, and it had no issues.  That environment was not run though its paces, so i can speak to long term reliability.  Although you can roll your own, although there shouldnt be issues in later versions of SQL, its something to keep in mind.  I know MS will update the ISV program soon for a later version of SQL, so if you could hold out, you can maintain the versioning against what CV officially supports/uses.  

Posted: 02-13-2019, 12:43 PM

Awesome thanks for the info, I am still waiting on my Global DBA to decide, but great to hear!

LED4
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy