Feature Request: light agent for consistency, log truncation and restores

Last post 04-26-2019, 5:49 PM by ricardoduarte. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Feature Request: light agent for consistency, log truncation and restores
    Posted: 04-26-2019, 5:49 PM

Hi there,

Say I want only to truncate logs for SQL and Exchange, and I do not care for indexing of the applications inside the VM. Also, I would like to perform "fast" file-level restores to a VM.

The current product requires me to install the full commvault agent, manage it's lifecycle (updates), and takes a lot of space on my hosts.

It would be great to have a very light dissolvable agent that would be copied and run at runtime. The agent would only be able to ensure application consistency and log truncation (no indexing and some other advanced stuff). The agent would also run when a file level restore targets a VM, to ensure file copy performance is acceptable (current use of VMCI is way too slow).

Thanks

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy