Does commvault have enough techs on staff?

Last post 07-01-2011, 1:52 PM by bobbyd. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Does commvault have enough techs on staff?
    Posted: 06-30-2011, 3:20 PM

For the second week in a row we have had issus with our Dedupe database.  Last week a co worker of mine managed to get support to re-build the DB, which took all evening.  The following morning we had continuing issues so I tried reaching the person who had helped my co worker.

I left messages.  I updated the case log.  I called the hotline and asked to speak to the next available tech.  Sometime late that afternoon I discovered that the person who had helped the day before was off that day.  This is fine except my case (high priority) was left with no support.

I emailed my sales rep and asked if he could help.  Soon after I received a call from a support engineer that assisted me.

Today I opened a ticket at 8:40am.  I uploaded logs, etc.  I received a response shortly before 11am indicating that the support person was examining my logs and would get in touch with me.  He finally got in touch with me at 3:23pm after several calls and requests for assistance.

Seems like they need more staff.

• Re: Does commvault have enough techs on staff?
    Posted: 06-30-2011, 3:28 PM

Christopher,

Sorry to hear about this delay and I'm certain we're staffed appropriately.

I will jump in here and see why there is so much back and forth.

Regards,

Stephen

Posted: 07-01-2011, 11:55 AM

Support collected logs at 4pm yesterday.  Informed me he would be in 10am today (works 10-7).  As I had not heard back yet and my time for getting to the bottom of this high priority (8:40am yesterday) issue is running out,  I called.

Spoke to support and was told they were still looking at logs.  The same logs they had at 4pm yesterday.  Feels like tells me they just started looking when I called.

As I began the process by stating that the problems are almost identical to what we experienced last week, when our dedupe db was corrupt, I still fear this will be the case this week as well.  I know the rebuild takes nearly 24 full hours so, had it been begun we coul dhave finished it in time for the weekends upcoming backups to not be effected.

I hope there is some other resolution or fix that can be discovered in those log files.  They have sure had enough time to go through both them and the onese I sent just after 8:40am yesterday.

Posted: 07-01-2011, 1:52 PM
    Christopher – Thanks for the post. As I understand it the team is actively working the issue live. Some issues are more complex than others and take more time to analyze. From a staffing perspective CommVault is committed to our customers as customer satisfaction is our #1 goal. We have and will continue to invest heavily in the support organization well into the future. Your feedback is important and very much appreciated.
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy