Check for Outlook install

Last post 07-20-2011, 11:26 AM by Patrick Dalton. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Check for Outlook install
    Posted: 07-20-2011, 11:21 AM

We've had a number of issues when trying to do restores recently. The problem has been because we use the MAPI CDO on the various servers and not an install of Outlook. The latest one for example was becuase we wanted to restore to a PST file. When I spoke to an engineer he told me that PST restores required Outlook to be installed on the proxy. If the error message had said this at least I would have known and could have either not restored to PST or installed Outlook.

Surely it's possible when running a job to restore to PST to build in a check on the server to see if Outlook is installed and if not give you a very obvious message. It's not a major issue but it would have saved a support call for both myself and the engineer.

• Re: Check for Outlook install
    Posted: 07-20-2011, 11:26 AM

Thank you Dave.

I do believe that we display the mapi version in the logs so i cna't see why we can't display this in the error code in job manager.

I will bring this up to  our dev staff and get back to you.

Keep in mind that we are constantly working on the error code associations so it will be more detailed in the future.

CommVault Messaging Support
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy