How about... a forum to suggest enhancement?

Last post 01-23-2012, 5:00 AM by MaRo. 19 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • How about... a forum to suggest enhancement?
    Posted: 07-06-2010, 2:10 PM

Would it be possible to create a forum where we (the users) would be able to suggest enhancement we would appreciate to see in the product?

• Re: How about... a forum to suggest enhancement?
    Posted: 07-06-2010, 4:24 PM

Thanks for your feedback Claudette.  Actually this is something that is being discussed internally.  All feedback is taken into consideration. 

Mark Spencer
    CommVault, Business Critical Support
    Posted: 07-12-2010, 10:03 AM

Claudette Dumont:

Would it be possible to create a forum where we (the users) would be able to suggest enhancement we would appreciate to see in the product?

Agreed, I think this would  be a great addition!

Posted: 07-12-2010, 10:08 AM

Claudette Dumont:

I also agree, this would benefit you (CommVault) greatly to see what the users of the software most desire in future releases.

Posted: 08-10-2010, 10:50 AM

Yes, this is a must!

Until then, I'll just put my ideas in the feedback forum.

Posted: 08-10-2010, 2:41 PM

Hello all,

This is still on the table and we are thinking through how best to implement this forum.

More to come!

Posted: 08-10-2010, 4:03 PM

How about a way WE the user (as in WE the people...!!!) could VOTE on an enhancement we think useful!!!

Posted: 08-10-2010, 4:21 PM

For the time being just submit a ticket for the enhancement.

AaronA

Posted: 08-12-2010, 12:02 AM

Claudette Dumont:

How about a way WE the user (as in WE the people...!!!) could VOTE on an enhancement we think useful!!!

I like this idea (maybe setup a poll, and allow each user a single vote)

Posted: 05-27-2011, 10:24 AM

Fantastic idea to have a product enhancement request forum!

Posted: 05-27-2011, 12:36 PM

Claudette Dumont:

This can be a double-edged sword.  Coming from a development environment I can say that this can be both good and bad, especially when users are passionate about the product.  For every good suggestion that gets modded up and implemented there will be a lot of suggestions that can't be done even if they're great and the community really wants them.  This can occur for any number of legitimate reasons, to include time, priorirty, compatibility/integration, etc.  Giving people a voice that is responded to via feature additions is great, but if you give the community the appearance of prioritizing requests it can turn into something else entirely.

Just my 1.4 cents (after taxes)
    Posted: 06-08-2011, 7:52 PM

Any progress with the enhancement forum?

Posted: 06-10-2011, 11:28 AM

I believe there was a legal issue preventing this - let me check into the "why" and get back to you.

Posted: 06-10-2011, 11:58 AM

I could see potential legal issues if CommVault employees were to comment on future enhancements, but I don't see how there could be any legal issues if random end-users post suggestions for future enhacements.  There would be no obligation for CommVault employees to publicly comment on our suggestions.  You could think of it as a "one way" forum.  Two-way conversations could be had via e-mail or phone under NDA if necessary.

Posted: 11-01-2011, 2:19 AM

Did this ever get any traction?

I would like to see this; it may help Dev have some indicators of features that customers want.

Could also post MRs already raised so others could comment on (good, bad, waste of time etc).

Posted: 11-23-2011, 10:21 AM

Hi all,

We are working on a web submission site that will include a form with questions that pertain towards opening a Customer Modification Request. I will provide an ETA on 11/30/11.

Posted: 01-03-2012, 8:39 PM

How's the ETA looking?

Posted: 01-04-2012, 7:59 AM

The MR form is an ongoing project - still working on that. However, that does not mean you have to wait for the release - you can still leverage submitting suggestions here: https://services.commvault.com/mainadv/feedback.asp

Posted: 01-04-2012, 6:49 PM

I have provided many forms of feedback and MR requests through many levels of management via partners and directly to CommVault.  Very little changes.  It is water off a duck's back for the most part.  If there's someone I can talk to or email directly who can actually make a difference, I will be happy to do that.  I'd like to see change rather than just acknowledgement.

My hope was / is that a more public forum may encourage some movement and focus in areas that are lacking.  My aim is not to have somewhere to vent but so that CommVault can see things from a customer perspective and to improve their service offering.  Despite what all the flashy testimonials say, our experience across the board has been sub-standard (product quality, support and MRs/development). 

I realise that not every customer complaint or suggestion can be addressed or handled quickly, but there does need to be some way to track from a customer view point and to demonstrate to the customer that there is actually something happening rather than just acknowledging there's challenges.

Posted: 01-23-2012, 5:00 AM

Just searched for exactly what this thread is about. +1 vote for an enhancement suggestion forum where users can discuss ideas from other users.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy