GUI modification to show SP level

Last post 10-21-2011, 5:59 PM by PhilippeMorin. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • GUI modification to show SP level
    Posted: 10-21-2011, 11:00 AM

Hi,

Just a very low priorty modification that's been "annoying" me for a while..

When you click a group or client computers and you look at the list of servers on the right panel, would it be possible to either add the service pack information under the product version column or add a new column with the SP level?

Every server, no matter which SP it is, is listing 9.0.0(BUILD84) which really isn't very useful! Unless it is a bug on my side and I'm the only one seeing the same info since v9?

Thanks! :)

Phil

• Re: GUI modification to show SP level
    Posted: 10-21-2011, 11:57 AM

This is a good idea!

Posted: 10-21-2011, 11:59 AM

Hi Phil,

Through my very talented skills at Snagit I have created this image - can you verify for me this is what you're looking to have added?

Posted: 10-21-2011, 1:05 PM

Yes exactly!

Snagit skills: 9/10! Wink

Posted: 10-21-2011, 1:18 PM
    Thanks for the confirmation.

James or I will log an MR for this addition to the gui. We poked around and cannot find anyway to add it in to the view.

We will reply with an MR number.
    Posted: 10-21-2011, 5:50 PM

Phil,

CMR ID 2476 was created for this future enhancement.

JW

Posted: 10-21-2011, 5:55 PM

many thanks James.

Phil: Due to US GAAP compliance laws we can't comment on if this feature will be included in a future release, however we can find out if product management intends on including it within V9. After Development/PM reviews our MR request we will let you know of the outcome.

Posted: 10-21-2011, 5:59 PM

No problem at all. Thanks for the quick creation. This is a pretty small change so I wouldn't be surprised to see it appear sooner than later. In any case, this is nothing urgent so that'll be an happy surprise when it appears! Smile

Have a good week-end!

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy