GUI modification to show SP copy name instead of copy precedence

Last post 11-17-2011, 1:39 PM by Stephen Connington. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • GUI modification to show SP copy name instead of copy precedence
    Posted: 10-24-2011, 1:23 PM

We use snap protect as a spool copy to backup our VMWare environment. Then, we copy the snapshot to our primary disks used by Simpana and we also have a secondary copy offsite.

When I do a file level restore, I always have to "guess" which copy precedence is actually my primary disk copy. In this case, I'm not sure why but my offsite copy is copy precedence 1, my SAN snapshot 2 and my primary copy 3.

Would it be possible eventually to show a combo box with the names of the storage policy copies instead of asking for the copy precedence number? This is nothing major but always a bit annoying when trying to find which copy precedence you need to use!

In the meantime, is there a way to see what copy precedence a SP copy is?

Thanks!
    Phil

• Re: GUI modification to show SP copy name instead of copy precedence
    Posted: 10-24-2011, 9:58 PM

Hi 

I agree that would be a nice addition. 

Does going to the properties of the StoragePolicy and clicking on the Copy Precedence tab not give you what you are after? Not sure if that still shows up when using Snap Protect.

Brad

Posted: 10-25-2011, 8:09 AM

Ah... right! I had seen that tab before but forgot about it.

Thanks for the reminder! That being said, the improvement would still be nice! Smile

Phil

Posted: 11-17-2011, 1:39 PM

Hi guys,

I want to say that there is something already written up for this feature. let me check into it and I will let you know what I find.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy