Exchange 2010

Last post 07-15-2010, 10:03 AM by tcottrell. 9 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Exchange 2010
    Posted: 07-12-2010, 10:01 AM

How is Simpana Galaxy 8 compatability with Exchange Server 2010? Do DAGs present an issue with the iData Agent?

• Re: Exchange 2010
    Posted: 07-12-2010, 10:09 AM

Exchange 2010 is supported when using Simpana 8.0.  You will need to backup the DAG databases from the current active node.  See below and let me know if you have any questions.

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/release_8_0_0/books_online_1/english_us/features/os_upgrade/exchange_2010_considerations.htm

Exchange Database iDataAgent

The Exchange Database iDataAgent for Exchange Server 2010 must be installed on a 64-bit computer that hosts the Exchange Server 2010 application with the Exchange 2010 Mailbox Server role. To install this iDataAgent, follow the procedure to Install the Exchange iDataAgents and select the iDA for Exchange 2010 Database option on the Select Platforms dialog during the installation.

DAG Configurations

For DAG configurations, the Exchange Database iDataAgent must be installed on each physical node of the DAG group.

In a configuration where a CAS server (or another proxy configuration) will be used to back up multiple DAG nodes, the CAS server should be used to configure the Exchange profile information during install. After the installation is complete, configure the multiple exchange server names separated by semi colons in the Exchange iDataAgent's Agent properties.

Other Exchange-Based Agents

The following Exchange Agents must be installed as 32-bit components on a Microsoft Windows x64 platform. See Install 32-bit Exchange Agents on a Windows x64 Platform for step-by-step instructions.

• Exchange Mailbox iDataAgent
    • Exchange Compliance Archiver Agent
    • Exchange Mailbox Archiver Agent

CommVault Messaging Support
    Posted: 07-12-2010, 10:41 AM

Wow, sweet. We're at the early stages of moving towards 2010, and was wondering how others were doing DR with it.

Thanks!

Posted: 07-12-2010, 10:49 AM

Your welcome.  Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Patrick

Posted: 07-14-2010, 10:44 PM

I have question on exchange 2010

– the standard instructions do not work as the media for HDPS is only for SP1 which doesn’t support exchange 2010, and won’t let me install the agent.

Can I somehow update the install media with the latest patch and then install the exchange 2010 agents?

Please advise

Posted: 07-14-2010, 11:05 PM
    I don't think this is going to be possible. You should be able to download the media via maintenance advantage. If not your account rep should be able to overnight them to you.

Patrick
    Posted: 07-15-2010, 12:36 AM

pat,

Could you provide me the link to download the media ?

Posted: 07-15-2010, 12:51 AM

hi Pat,

I m at the maintenance Advantage, but not sure which one is a correct one ?

Posted: 07-15-2010, 12:53 AM
    The latest media with service pack 4 should do it.
    Posted: 07-15-2010, 10:03 AM

After logging into maintenance advantage, hit the downloads & packages link.  Click the link for Simpana 8.0 Additional Platform Support Packages.  You will see an Exchange 2010 agent installer package link.  Also, to quickly append to what Pat said, you can download from either the active OR passive node using update 17091 -

3. Support backup from passive database copy of an Exchange 2010 DAG configuration.

Set the following registry key value('Instance#' could be 'Instance001', 'Instance003', 'Instance003' and so on) on exchange server to enable backup from passive copy,
    Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CommVault Systems\Galaxy\Instance#\MSExchangeDBAgent
    Registry Key Value Name: DiscoverPassiveOnly
    Value type: DWORD(32 bit)
    Value: 1

After setting this, exchange DB agent will only discover passive database copy on this server.

This update is to enabled user backing up from ONE dedicated backup server which only have passive database copies. Backup one database from more than one DAG node may cause data loss.

Thanks,

Tim

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy