Exchange 2010 DAG client has greyed out server for selection

Last post 11-27-2014, 11:58 AM by jcb_bnc. 9 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Exchange 2010 DAG client has greyed out server for selection
    Posted: 11-09-2011, 12:12 PM

Hello,

I have an Exchange DAG client configured in Commvault 9 that has one of the member servers unchecked, greyed out, and not selectable in the member servers box.  Does anyone know what that means or why it is not selectable?

- bry -
  • Re: Exchange 2010 DAG client has greyed out server for selection
    Posted: 11-09-2011, 12:52 PM

there are two requirements that you need to make sure are fulfilled.

1) the member server needs to have Exchange Database agent installed

2) The network hostname of the member server needs to be the fully qualified domain name. Using the hostname or an IP address will not allow it to be selected as a member of the DAG.

Please let us know if fixing one of these solves your issue.

Wearer of Many Hats
    Posted: 11-09-2011, 1:08 PM

Both of those requirements have been met.

I should add it was selectable at one point and showing up properly.  However when the DAG client was removed and we were in the process of recreating it as part of troubleshooting an issue, it now has that one member server greyed out.

- bry -
    Posted: 11-09-2011, 1:11 PM

Ah, there have been some cases where the member server association is not cleaned up properly.

I believe there is a database script that can be used to clear the association.  if you open a ticket with support they can work with you to clean that up so you can move on.

Wearer of Many Hats
    Posted: 11-09-2011, 1:13 PM

Thanks, i'll go ahead and work on getting a ticket submitted.

- bry -
    Posted: 11-16-2011, 9:45 AM

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue as you. Would you mind posting what support did to fix the issue?

Thanks

Posted: 11-16-2011, 9:47 AM

Justinh,

We ended up escalating to support.  Commvault development is currently still working on it.

- bry -
    Posted: 11-16-2011, 9:48 AM

there is a qscript available that can clean up the stale association and allow you to continue.

Wearer of Many Hats
    Posted: 11-16-2011, 10:19 AM

You will need to contact support to get qscript that Stephen is talking about.

Once you open a ticket please post it here and I will follow up on it.

CommVault Messaging Support
    Posted: 11-27-2014, 11:58 AM

Thanks. It has helped me solving my issue.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy