Can't create SnapProtect Vault Copy

Last post 08-15-2012, 4:24 AM by Jhaley. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Can't create SnapProtect Vault Copy
    Posted: 12-09-2011, 9:06 AM

Hi,

I am using CommVault SnapProtect with NetApp with snapvault/snapmirror.

I created a Storage Policy and am succesfully able to initiate a NetApp snapshot (local) and to make a backup to tape. I want to create a Vault Copy but the option "Create New Snapshot Copy" is suddenly greyed out when I want to make a Vault Copy.

We are working with Simpana 9.0 SP4a and have all possible CommVault licenses (literally). We also have all necessary NetApp licenses (at least we think). I have configured the NetApp configuration in Array Management.

By the way in Array Management and during SP creation we don't see the option to indicate DataFabric Manager (we use OnCommand Core and Host version 5).

Anyone an idea?

• Re: Can't create SnapProtect Vault Copy
    Posted: 12-11-2011, 11:40 PM
    • zzz is not online. Last active: 12-03-2015, 7:57 PM zzz
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-06-2010
    • Adept
    • Points 261

Hi Spprt,

Did you ever see that "create new snapshot copy" available?

If it's always greyed out, you are missing one of the license.

Ask your account manager to get the license for NetApp Snap Management.

It's also called "kit: Adds NetApp Snapcopy (Snapvault, SnapMirror)" in the License Summary.

Posted: 12-13-2011, 12:25 PM

Hi zzz,

Not sure if I expressed myself correctly.

From within CC Console I want to configure and schedule a Vault Copy (secondary snapshot on a destination filer) from a local NetApp snapshot that I scheduled myself already from within CommVault. Then the Option Create new snapshot is greyed out.

My question:

The license: NetApp Snap Management "kit: Adds NetApp Snapcopy (Snapvault, SnapMirror)", is that a CommVault license? We have a CommVault CLA license and I am told, this is not a CommVault license, and therefor does not exist in the CLA CommVault License Summary.

Thanks.

Posted: 12-13-2011, 4:49 PM
    • zzz is not online. Last active: 12-03-2015, 7:57 PM zzz
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-06-2010
    • Adept
    • Points 261

Yes. It is a Commvault license, though it's not in the price list. It's a free license.

You do need NetApp SnapVault and SnapMirror license as well.

Posted: 12-14-2011, 11:42 PM

As zzz mentioned, it not a part of CLA and must be installed separately to enable these features.

Once enabled you'll get additional options in array management for DFM and also be able to create a new snapshot copy which is required for snapvault and snapmirror.

Posted: 12-15-2011, 7:22 AM

Thanks!

With the new NetApp Snap Management license added the functionality is now available and I can proceed with testing everything.

Posted: 08-14-2012, 11:49 AM

Hi,

We are experiencing the same problems and didn't suppose licensing would be a problem as we had a capacity license with "all" features enabled.

How does one go about getting this free license?

Cheers,

John

Posted: 08-14-2012, 4:27 PM

Jhaley:

Hi,

We are experiencing the same problems and didn't suppose licensing would be a problem as we had a capacity license with "all" features enabled.

How does one go about getting this free license?

Cheers,

John

We had this same problem just about a week ago, and sent a message off to the license manager requesting this exact license be added to our license file, and within a few hours the new license file was returned to us.

Posted: 08-15-2012, 4:24 AM

Thanks, after posting this message it occured to me to try that and we got the license added now Smile

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy