Unable to scan file system

Last post 07-15-2010, 5:56 PM by Trekrod1. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Unable to scan file system
    Posted: 07-15-2010, 4:51 PM

Hi,

I am getting an error message during my file system scan.  My system is a Windows 2003 32 bit server.  The error message is below:

Error Code: [17:49]
    Description: Failed to further divide the collect files. Possible reasons nonexistent path/file, hardware problems or full disk.

I could not find anything in the knowledgebase.

Beth

• Re: Unable to scan file system
    Posted: 07-15-2010, 5:03 PM

Hello Beth,  Is this happening when you run an incremental.  You could try running a Full backup.  Often the full will run fine, a simple reboot will sometimes correct the issue.  Sometimes files are being held open by something and causes the issue.

Another option would be to kill the current job and rename C:\Program Files\CommVault\Galaxy\iDataAgent\JobResults on the client to C:\Program Files\CommVault\Galaxy\iDataAgent\oldJobResultsold to see if there is some corruption in the current Job Results directory and then run a new backup

Mark Spencer
    CommVault, Business Critical Support
    Posted: 07-15-2010, 5:11 PM

First Check the Job results directory for proper permissions, then enough space to grow

Next  kill the backup job.

Try by stopping and starting the CommVault Sofware services.  Try new job

If that does not work try below:

Would it be possible to reboot the client machine?

This generally solves the problem. This error comes up when the System resources are exceeded. Let me know if that helps.

Posted: 07-15-2010, 5:24 PM

Thank you for the replies.  I started a full backup and that seems to be working so far.

Beth

Posted: 07-15-2010, 5:56 PM

Make sure to check the free space on the drive that has the JobResults directory in it.  Default location is under the Folder where the commvault software is installed.

c:\Program Files\CommVault\Simpana\...

Make sure the drive has the best practices amount of free space according to Microsoft and also per the requirements for the iDataAgents installed on the Client server that experienced the problem.

When was the last time the drive was defraged?  Also watch for other programs such as anti-virus running scans at same time.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy