Assign barcodes to default scratch pool

Last post 07-19-2010, 11:46 AM by ipman. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Assign barcodes to default scratch pool
    Posted: 07-18-2010, 12:07 PM

I know when creating a new scratch pool I can assign barcodes to it.

Looking for a way to have it so that anything without the assigned barcodes gets put in foreign media.

• Re: Assign barcodes to default scratch pool
    Posted: 07-18-2010, 11:22 PM

Have you considered creating a collection of BarCode Patterns (Control Panel, Media Management, BarCode Pattern tab) filtered to exclude your known tapes, and then assinging those patterns to the Foreign Media container?

Posted: 07-19-2010, 11:14 AM

Hello Ipman,  I work a lot with an enterprise company which they create multiple barcode patterns for their forgeign media pools.  They have multiple libraries with many differnt media types (LTO2,3,4) and barcode schemes.  They manage this by creating patterns for all possibilities and setting these barcode patterns on their foreign pools.  They apply the barcode patterns on the foreign pools they do not wish to be part of their default scratch pool.  They still use the default scratch for assignment to their storage policy copies.  

To provide you an example I have provided a screenshot of properties of an example Barcodes Pattern config in control panel and of a foreign pool.

Mark Spencer
    CommVault, Business Critical Support
    Attachment: Commvault_0405.gif
    Posted: 07-19-2010, 11:46 AM

Thanks both of you that looks like how I will need to configure it.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy