moving commserve database to sql cluster

Last post 07-19-2010, 11:00 AM by mort. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • moving commserve database to sql cluster
    Posted: 07-19-2010, 9:51 AM
    • mort is not online. Last active: 01-13-2016, 10:37 AM mort
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-06-2010
    • Patrick
    • Adept
    • Points 209

I have followed the instructions given for installing commserve and database engines on seperate computers but 2 services have failed to start with licence has expired shown in event viewer.

Is this because the IP address given in my licence file is for the commserve not the db instance?

Do I need to get an IP address change from Commvault for my licencing?

• Re: moving commserve database to sql cluster
    Posted: 07-19-2010, 10:02 AM

Mort,

I believe the machine where the commserve software is install is linked to the licensed IP, not the server hosting the DB.  If the server which you installed the commserve software is the same machine and IP, the services should start without issue (double check name resolution if there are multiple nics)

evmgrs.log and jobmanager.log should supply further details (attach to the thread if possible)

Posted: 07-19-2010, 10:05 AM
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-06-2010
    • Patrick
    • Adept
    • Points 209

The reason I asked was it was exactly the same errors that I tried installing locally (before moving the database) when I had a different IP address, but if the IP address in the licence file is definately only tied to the commserve then I will investigate further.

Posted: 07-19-2010, 10:33 AM
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-06-2010
    • Patrick
    • Adept
    • Points 209

[DBErr] SqlState: 28000 NativeError: 18456 Line/Row: 0/0
    [DBErr] Message: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'sqladmin_cv'.
    [DBErr] SqlState: 28000 NativeError: 18456 Line/Row: 0/0
    [DBErr] Message:
    1332 7a0 07/19 15:28:16 ### ODBCApi\DBconnect.cpp ,line 334, Could not Establish Connection to tsdb_commserv on attempt 5.

I just get this repeated in the JobManager.log

Posted: 07-19-2010, 11:00 AM
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-06-2010
    • Patrick
    • Adept
    • Points 209

My mistake reading the CreateCSSQLAccount.exe instructions.

the pAccess registry key wasn't overwriting the one from the commserve install, a simple cut and paste and it's sorted.

P.S. I've given you a thread resolved as looking at the logs was what pointed me in the right direction Laughing

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy