Pop-up box on dual screen monitors appears on the wrong monitor

Last post 04-11-2012, 4:45 PM by Susan McClure. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Pop-up box on dual screen monitors appears on the wrong monitor
    Posted: 04-10-2012, 10:34 PM

Pop-up box on dual screen monitors appears on the wrong monitor if CommCell Console is on right hand monitor.

Steps to reproduce (assuming you have two monitors set to extend from left to right)  :-

1. Start the CommCell Console from your web browser

2. Move the Console to right hand monitor and maximize the window

3. Right click your CommServe server (i.e. top of the tree)

4. The windows containing All Tasks, View, Control Panel and Properties will appear on the right hand side of the left monitor i.e. the red circle below.

• Re: Pop-up box on dual screen monitors appears on the wrong monitor
    Posted: 04-11-2012, 6:28 AM
    • mort is not online. Last active: 01-13-2016, 10:37 AM mort
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-06-2010
    • Patrick
    • Adept
    • Points 209

I don't think that's a commvault issue in so much as I can't replicate it (even if I switch primary monitors around) more likely a display driver issue, anyone else seeing this?

Posted: 04-11-2012, 4:09 PM

We have tested on three machines so far and they all had the same issue; that said they were all built the same way (but not cloned).

Posted: 04-11-2012, 4:45 PM

I have a similar issue with all the CommCell pop-up boxes for help and similar

items. I have a 3 monitor setup. Running brower on the Left -most monitor,

the primary. If I select any help buttons or Error code expansions etc in CV, they pop up on the screen to the right (the second monitor, middle screen)

I can drag them over to the first screen OK.  But they all pop-up on the

second.

V9 CommCell, Firefox 11.0

S McClure
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy