Removing defective tapes from the rotation

Last post 07-21-2010, 9:13 PM by mspencer. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Removing defective tapes from the rotation
    Posted: 07-20-2010, 3:16 PM

Hi,

I wanted to know if there was a specific way to remove tapes from the normal rotation (Simpana 8.0 SP4). I’ve identified a few defective tapes and I’m ready to destroy them. Is there anything specific that I need to do on the Commserve side of things? Can I simply select the tape and delete it? Is there a recommended procedure to cleanly remove the tape without causing me headaches down the road? If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Re: Removing defective tapes from the rotation
    Posted: 07-20-2010, 3:20 PM

Hello Justin,  Once you have exported the tape out of the library you can just delete the media and that will remove from the CommCell permanently

Mark Spencer
    CommVault, Business Critical Support
    Posted: 07-20-2010, 3:22 PM

Thanks for the quick reply Marc.

Posted: 07-20-2010, 4:23 PM

You can select delete while in the library, and it will ask if you want to export before it deletes it.   Export and delete in one operation.Smile

Posted: 07-21-2010, 9:13 PM

Your welcome Justin.  Thanks for participating in our forums.  If you don't have any more questions and that answered your question if you could just mark the thread solved so others will benefit.  Thanks  Smile

Mark Spencer
    CommVault, Business Critical Support
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy