Bulk import of users into subclient

Last post 07-22-2010, 7:57 PM by Dioxin. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Bulk import of users into subclient
    Posted: 07-21-2010, 7:10 PM

Hi,

Does anyone know if you can import users from a list into a Exchange Mailbox Archiver subclient content window

At the moment I am doing this manually.

Thanks

Posted: 07-21-2010, 7:54 PM
    We have 3 different discovery methods for auto discovery

Storage group affinity

Mailbox expressions

AD User group affinity

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/release_8_0_0/books_online_1/english_us/en-us/universl/subclient/autodiscovery.htm

The method I feel would best fit this description would be to add the users to a AD group and use the option AD user group affinity.

The groups you use can be distro or security. They can not however be nested.

Let me know if this helps.

Patrick
    CommVault Messaging Support
    Posted: 07-21-2010, 8:09 PM
    >This should come in handy if you decide to use this method.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727091.aspx
    >
    >
    >
    CommVault Messaging Support
  • Re: Bulk import of users into subclient
    Posted: 07-21-2010, 10:21 PM

Thanks for that Patrick,

However, it's not exactly what I was after.

I want to create a Mailbox Archiver subclient and populate the contents page with a list of users.

Usually I match the Commvault subclient with the Exchange Storage Group. I have set the Auto Discovery to Storage Group affinity, so that will cope with new users being added to the Exchange Storage Group but I still want to see a list of users in the contents page.

Hope that makes sense

I'm sure (but not 100% sure) there was a method of adding users via a command line and txt file in version 6.5

Posted: 07-21-2010, 10:29 PM

after you created the subclient and assigned autodiscovery affinity did you run a backup ?  The subclient content will not be populated until the first Data Protection job is run.

Wearer of Many Hats
    Posted: 07-21-2010, 11:18 PM

Hi SReents

Thanks for letting me know that.

No I didn't - we only use Commvault for email archiving. So I presume if I ran an archiving job it will populate the contents page as well

Cheers

Posted: 07-22-2010, 5:41 AM

Yes, that is correct.  Autodiscovery is for both Mailbox agent and Mailbox Archiver agent, so the first data protection job you run for either one will populate subclient content.

Wearer of Many Hats
    Posted: 07-22-2010, 7:57 PM

Great - I'll give it a go when I archive my next storage group

Thanks for your help

Just to let you know - I ran an archive operation with a new subclient with AD user group affinity and it did exactly what you said - thanks again

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy