report on user accounts that run reports

Last post 07-22-2010, 3:17 PM by Stephen Connington. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • report on user accounts that run reports
    Posted: 07-22-2010, 10:19 AM

Is there a way to get a report of what  reports a user account is running?  I would like to clean up the old users but am concerned that we might lose reports that we would rather keep.  Any other reasons to worry about deleting old user accounts?  Will alerts that the uses created go away when the user is deleted?

• Re: report on user accounts that run reports
    Posted: 07-22-2010, 12:44 PM

Is there a way to get a report of what  reports a user account is running?

Would the below report be helpful to you?

Alerts
    Name Category Type Notification Type Reporting Criteria Monitored Node Creator User User Group Email to Recipients
    Jay_Test Job Management Continuous Data Replication E-mail/Pager Immediately [ADV80v-CDRDEST] [ADV80v-CDRSRC] advanced\jay advanced\jay    
    Criteria:Delayed by 1 Hrs, Failed, Skipped, Job Completed with Errors
    Test Job Management Data Protection E-mail/Pager Immediately [ADV80-CS/File System/DefaultInstanceName/default] ADVANCED\nate ADVANCED\nate    
    Criteria:Delayed by 1 Hrs, Job Completed with Errors
    sdr Application Management File Replication Alerts E-mail/Pager Immediately [ADV80v-SDR1] ADVANCED\mike     mike@simpana.lab
    Criteria:No log transfer activity, Log file volume reached low watermark, No log transfer activity
    gdf Configuration Clients E-mail/Pager Immediately [ADV80v-SDR1] ADVANCED\mike ADVANCED\mike   mike@simpana.lab
    Criteria:Disk Space Low, Properties Modified
    fss Job Management Continuous Data Replication E-mail/Pager Immediately [ADV80v-SDR1] ADVANCED\mike ADVANCED\mike   mike@simpana.lab

Will alerts that the uses created go away when the user is deleted?

I need to give this a test in our lab to be sure, however I think the schedules default back to "admin".

Posted: 07-22-2010, 1:57 PM

It would be helpful.  If schedules default back to admin, it is interesting and useful but not quite as necessary.

Thanks

Posted: 07-22-2010, 3:17 PM

Hello SteveMN,

I performed a quick test:

• Created a user
    • Scheduled a data protection job as the newly created user
    • Viewed the DP job within the scheduler
    • Deleted the user
    • Logged back in as my default account and the DP job was still scheduled, therefore it appears to retain those settings.

Let me know if you have different results.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy