AD Schema changes

Last post 07-23-2010, 9:44 AM by mspencer. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • AD Schema changes
    Posted: 07-22-2010, 1:18 PM

I am installing AD backup on dc's for a new domain.  The AD iDA makes changes to the schema during the install.  For tracking purposes, I need to document what changes it makes, but I am unable to find any info.  Does anyone have this info?

Thanks

• Re: AD Schema changes
    Posted: 07-22-2010, 4:11 PM

I searched for a long time too, I'm not sure where I found it, but it sets 1 value, something like 0x00008 to a field that controls how the password field can be queried.

*edit:

Found it:

http://commvault.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6805/kw/adldaptool

A CommVault Forums Moderator has de-linked the original URL contained in this post to point to the current website hosting the same content in order to maintain the informative value of this posting.

https://ma.commvault.com/KB/Details/10931

The adldaptool sets the value 0x00000008 to the searchFlags attributes of "Unicode-Pwd" and "SID-History" found under CN=Schema and Cn=Configuration. This tells Active Directory to preserve, on deletion, these two attributes.

If it jams, force it.
    If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
    Posted: 07-22-2010, 4:28 PM

Hello.  Attached is a document that has the manual procedure that you would have to follow if you did not use the ADLDAPTool to make the necessary changes.

Mark Spencer
    CommVault, Business Critical Support
    Posted: 07-23-2010, 8:31 AM

Thanks to you both for the info!

Posted: 07-23-2010, 9:44 AM

Thanks.  If this is what you were looking for if you could mark solved so others may benefit from the answer.  Thanks for the great post!

Mark Spencer
    CommVault, Business Critical Support
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy