Outlook Add-in not able to recall items

Last post 05-12-2014, 4:53 PM by Trekrod1. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Outlook Add-in not able to recall items
    Posted: 07-09-2012, 10:48 AM

I had Windows XP 32-bit with Outlook 2003 32-bit installed.

I've upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7. All machines are 64-bit Windows 7 machines. Some machines have Outlook 2010 64-bit installed and some have Outlook 2003 32-bit installed. I have installed the Outlook Add-in from the DVD as well the latest release from the MA website. I am not able to recall items. This is happening with the 64-bit of Outlook and also the 32-bit version of Outlook. When I double click an item I am not able to recall the items, I got the e-mail with a notice that I should install the Outlook Add-in.

The user is local admin, UAC is disabled and the registy Add-in registry keys do have full control permissions to everyone. What do I miss here?

• Re: Outlook Add-in not able to recall items
    Posted: 07-09-2012, 11:00 AM

from the screenshot of Outlook it would seem that the Outlook Add-In is not registered.

Can you make sure the type of Outlook matches with the type of Addin installed ? i.e. x64 Outlook needs x64 addin package installed

You can also go into the Options to see the list of addins and make sure that 1) our addin is in the list and 2) it is not listed as disabled for some reason

Wearer of Many Hats
    Posted: 07-09-2012, 11:07 AM

The version for the correct OS (32 or 64-bit) is correctly installed for sure. I will check if the tool is listed in the option menu of Outlook

Posted: 07-09-2012, 1:31 PM

I am a little confused from your last response.

Make sure you have the same version that matches outlook.  The OS can be 64 but if outlook is running at 32 then you need the 32 bit add-in.

If the registry permissions are correct and UAC is off then the add-in should load.

Make sure you are in the correct part of the registry depending on the OS version and outlook. 

The KB below will show you the correct registry locations depending on the OS you have and outlook version.

http://commvault.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27848/kw/outlook%20add-in

Let me know if you have any questions.

Patrick

CommVault Messaging Support
    Posted: 07-10-2012, 3:23 AM

I understand your confusion.

I've installed the 32-bit agent on a 64-bit Windows 7 with Outlook 2003 32-bit

I've installed the 64-bit agent on a 64-bit Windows 7 with Outlook 2010 64-bit

The registry settings are correctly setup and also UAC is off. I have the CVPI: Focus error seen before in the past with other customers. However no failure or message is appearing in this case.

I will check the settings in Outlook today and give you an update.

Posted: 07-10-2012, 10:50 AM

Outlook "Data Migrator Client" was not activated at the Add-ins section in Outlook. This is a strange behaviour because the Windows 7 clients are fresh installed with just the office suite.

Do you have any idea why the Outlook Add-in is disabled by default?

Anyway it is working after adding Data Migrator client within Outlook Add-ins.

Posted: 07-10-2012, 11:01 AM

it could have been any number of reasons, but at one time it failed to load the addin so it was marked as disabled. 

Perhaps you tried to load the addin once before updating registry permissions. Perhaps there was a previous failed install so the addin wasn't able to load ?

For now lets see if it stays enabled and your recalls work.  If it disables itself again we can try to see what caused it to disable. 

Wearer of Many Hats
    Posted: 05-12-2014, 4:53 PM

Here is the current active article link URL referred to in this forum:

Previous ID 27848

Unable to retrieve stubbed e-mails from Outlook Add-In

https://ma.commvault.com/KB/Details/11480

Supplied by KB Admin

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy