Online Profile, Update CommCell Version

Last post 01-15-2013, 8:53 AM by thaller. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Online Profile, Update CommCell Version
    Posted: 07-30-2012, 11:32 AM

Good Morning,

This is a minor detail that has been bugging me for a while.

How do I update our online profile's so that when I select our CommCell when opening a new ticket, the correct version is displayed?

I have not been able to find this anywhere.

Thanks,

Ty Haller
    Systems Administrator
  • Re: Online Profile, Update CommCell Version
    Posted: 07-30-2012, 2:31 PM

Good question!  I was just wondering about this myself.

Posted: 07-30-2012, 2:51 PM

Hello Thaller and fdxpilot,

Please try the following and let me know if this fixes your browsing issue.

1. open your browser and login to our Maintenance Advantage website https://services.commvault.com/mainadv/

2. Click on "User Services", then "Update/Edit Your User Profile".

3. Now you should be on the profile editor page, please scroll down mid-way and select your desired version from the pull down menu, then click submit.

3. After you have submitted your changes, please log out of Maintenance Advantage and log back in to test if your version is loaded by default correctly. If not, try clearing your cookies, cache and give it another chance.

If it doesn't work for you after that please let me know, also post your browser application/version.

Posted: 07-30-2012, 2:53 PM

Thanks, Stephen.  That works to set the version but there is no option to set which SP you are on.

Posted: 07-30-2012, 2:53 PM

I have tried that, However that only lets me select the major version. Not the service pack.

The Service Pack remains at 3b, even after updating the profile.

Ty Haller
    Systems Administrator
    Posted: 07-30-2012, 3:04 PM

After re-reading the post I see you want to edit the Service Pack version on incident submission and/or be able to update it. Unfortunately, what I posted will not be helpful.

I need to track down where that information is back-ended, it is not tied to your MA profile. Please allow me a few hours to speak with my web application folks and see what can be done.

Posted: 07-30-2012, 8:06 PM

HI all,

I am meeting with the web engineers on wednesday and will cover this matter - next update will be 8/2 with new details.

Stephen

Posted: 01-15-2013, 8:53 AM

Sorry to bump and old thread but I was hoping with the update to the MA Site this issue would be resolved, it has not..

It is better in that now you can select a SP version when submitting an incident however the SP assosiated with the Commcell ID remains the same.

Thanks,

Ty Haller
    Systems Administrator
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy