Can anyone verify that the current (April) Disc 3 of Simpana 9 has the correct MD5?

Last post 08-04-2012, 5:36 PM by Liam. 9 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Can anyone verify that the current (April) Disc 3 of Simpana 9 has the correct MD5?
    Posted: 06-21-2012, 1:11 PM

I've tried for three days, on Mac, PC, work, and home computers.

Each time, while using the download manager in my maintenance advange portal, the Disc3 iso fails towards the end of the download. On my Mac, I can supress the errors at the end, and the download manager offers direct HTTP download links instead. I try this, and still get a file that has the wrong MD5 checksum than the website indicates.

Can anybody at CV shed some light on this? I've sent web feedback yesterday but got four "out of the office" replies directly afterwards. Anybody home?

• Re: Can anyone verify that the current (April) Disc 3 of Simpana 9 has the correct MD5?
    Posted: 06-25-2012, 11:06 AM

Hello nebben,

The download manager will also download a txt file containing what the md5 checksums should be.  A verification process is ran at the end of the download also.  

MD5 checksum for disk 3 is below, if your not getting this then the ISO is not valid:

a079f272df60b79a1303cd83ff835f5c

Check with Akamai's FAQ's to see if anything pertains to your download issue. Stated in one of the FAQ's Akamai mentions certain proxy configurations where downloads may not succeed.

http://www.akamai.com/html/misc/akamai_client/netsession_interface_faq.html

• Re: Can anyone verify that the current (April) Disc 3 of Simpana 9 has the correct MD5?
    Posted: 06-25-2012, 5:04 PM

I am not behind a proxy here. I have tried on Mac, and Windows 7. I have tried at work, at at home on DSL. The same result has come from all attempts.

My question is if anyone else out there has successfully been able to download an ISO with the correct checksum in the last week. I have not been able to on any system or in any location.

Posted: 06-25-2012, 6:34 PM

I was able to download disk 3 (DellEnterprise_900_UnixLinuxMac_DVD3_04212012.iso) and got the correct MD5 checksum from the Microsoft File Checksum Integrity Verifier utility.  I used the direct download link instead of the resumable download manager, which I could not get to work correctly.

Posted: 06-27-2012, 12:43 PM

Could you please provide a URL for a direct download? I haven't been able to find such a thing in my maintenance advantage portal.

Posted: 06-27-2012, 1:08 PM

http://download.commvault.com/secure/softwaredist/dell_enterprise/9.0.0/DellEnterprise_900_UnixLinuxMac_DVD3_04212012.iso

Posted: 06-27-2012, 1:36 PM

Hello Nebben,

First uninstall Akamai from your computer then go back to Maintenance Advantage and attempt to download the ISO with the Download Manager.  

When the popup appears prompting to install Akamai notice it says at the bottom "If you cannot complete the installation, click here"

Click "click here", then click OK on the next screen.  You will be presented with direct download links.

You will need to run MD5 check manually when done.  We generally recommend using the download manager where possible, but this might help you out since your stuck.

Posted: 07-02-2012, 11:49 AM

Hi,

I had the same problem last week. I can't use Akamai, never works. Had to download the ISO 5 times via the https link before the hash eventually matched...

Posted: 07-16-2012, 1:40 PM

I got it to work eventually while at home, not using Akamai.

Posted: 08-04-2012, 5:36 PM
    • Aplynx is not online. Last active: 07-19-2019, 12:17 PM Liam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • New Jersey
    • Master
    • Points 1,646

In 9 you do have the option to download the installation software through the CV GUI as well. 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy