Copy data to new MA using USB drive

Last post 09-22-2012, 12:14 AM by PhilippeMorin. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Copy data to new MA using USB drive
    Posted: 09-20-2012, 2:05 AM

Hi Commvault people,

I want to know what is the best way to move the first backup of a location to my central media agent? I have remote locations that will have their own media agents used for storing the backups, the data will then be copied to our central media agent (disaster recovery media agent).

As i am new to commvault i am not sure how to configure this, i want to take a backup on the remote media agent, copy it to a usb device, send the usb device home and connect it to our disaster recovery media agent to copy the data in there.

The main goal would be to have the first chunk of backup data copied quickly to our DR site. It could of course be done over our WAN network but for some of the locations this would take months as they do not have a good network speed.

What would be the best way to configure this? I have been told that it can be done using a USB drive but i don't know how i should set it up..

Thanks for any replies :)

• Re: Copy data to new MA using USB drive
    Posted: 09-22-2012, 12:14 AM

Have a look at the steps I described in the following post. You should have all the info you need to seed your DR site.

http://forum.commvault.com/forums/16581/ShowThread.aspx#16581

Phil

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy