Upgrade Windows Server 2003 to 2008

Last post 10-28-2012, 12:08 PM by Liam. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Upgrade Windows Server 2003 to 2008
    Posted: 10-18-2012, 4:51 AM

I am currently using Commvault Version 8.0.0 Build 68 on a Windows 2003 Server. I am looking to upgrade my server to 2008, can you provide any suggestions for what procedures to follow to ensure my Commvault backups continue to work and my previous backups on tape media are still valid? Will I need to upgrade my version of Commvault? can I upgrade my server from 2003 to 2008 or do I need to start again from scratch? any assistance would be much appreciated.

Dave Forster

• Re: Upgrade Windows Server 2003 to 2008
    Posted: 10-19-2012, 6:21 AM
    My way of doing it would be to rebuild the commserv using the DR guidelines in books online on a fresh windows install (using the same name / ip) If you move from 32 bit to 64 bit, then the dr tool provides for a method to correct that. Is the server only commserve or also client/mediaagent?
    Posted: 10-19-2012, 6:36 AM

Thanks for the response, my server acts as mediaagent as well as commserve. Does version8 still work with Server 2008 or would I need to upgrade my Comvault as well?

Posted: 10-19-2012, 6:42 AM
    According to books online, 2008 is supported for simpana 8. With a mediaagent also involved, be sure to strictly follow the DR procedures described on BOL.
    Posted: 10-28-2012, 12:08 PM
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy