CDR or Robocopy

Last post 08-19-2013, 11:04 AM by jackedaniels. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • CDR or Robocopy
    Posted: 10-28-2012, 11:13 PM

Hello All,

maybe you coul dhelp to me. I need to replicate ~4 TB of data from the remote server to media agent where the backup unit is connected. I am using DDR job to local server's drive. after that CDR job to replicate data to media agent via low WAN.

CDR job always stuck in "smartsynch scan" state and it can be 20 - 30 hours in the same and no any progress.. also, the flag appears near CDR job under job controller.

I would like to ask you, can i move whole data from the remote server using Robocopy script ?

My system: Commvault 8 SP4.

Thank you very much !

• Re: CDR or Robocopy
    Posted: 10-29-2012, 10:31 AM

Even though its in smartsync scan is there any data making it to the destination? 

With the right triggers moving the data with robocopy should work. 

Posted: 12-07-2012, 11:40 AM

Hello,

If you would like to preseed the data on the destination side you can run the Out of Band sync and then RoboCopy to the destination with the following switches added, /B /E /COPYALL

Out of Band Sync from the Replication Set

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/release_9_0_0/books_online_1/english_us/features/data_replication/data_replication_how_to.htm#out_of_band_sync

Posted: 08-19-2013, 9:17 AM

this may be off topic but I have a CDR pair that has fallen out of sync by severl terabytes and would like to use robocopy to sync it back up before using CDR again.  The issue is that i have stub file form the archive on the source and it wants to restore the stubs when it copies.  Is there a robocopy otpion to avoid the stub files??  maybe /MIN:10240 so that it only copies files that are a minimum of 10K since a stub is only 4K??

Not sure that will work though since the size of the files is report ar 10 meg but teh size on disk is 4K??

Posted: 08-19-2013, 9:35 AM

you will want to ensure that the /B switch is added to the RoboCopy command.  This will invoke the backup mode of RoboCopy and should allow the stubs to be copied as stubs.

Posted: 08-19-2013, 9:57 AM

Actually i think you need /B and /COPYALL to have stubs remain intact.

Posted: 08-19-2013, 11:04 AM

these are the option i intend to use

/MIR /SEC /B /COPYALL /MIN:10240

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy