Move CDR Destination to another Media Agent

Last post 08-02-2010, 10:10 AM by clwoody. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Move CDR Destination to another Media Agent
    Posted: 08-02-2010, 6:41 AM

Hi,

This might be a question for support but wanted to get some advice here first!

Currently i am replicating data from two branch offices to a Data Center. The data center storage is being retired so i need to move and edit the current CDR pairs to replicate to a new magLib on a new Media Agent.

I could easily delete the pairs and start new replication but the WAN links are poor. I was hoping to be able to copy the data manually or migrate the maglib but since both MA's are not seeing the same SAN migration doesnt look like an option.

Any thoughts on the best way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

• Move CDR Destination to another Media Agent
    Posted: 08-02-2010, 10:07 AM
    Hi clwoody,

There is a process referred to as Out of Band sync, which would help you here.

It allows you to seed your data to the destination outside of replication (you have this completed from your prior replication), and begin replication from that point forward. See Books Online for more detail –

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/release_8_0_0/books_online_1/english_us/features/data_replication/how_to/no_initial_sync.htm

Matt
  • Re: Move CDR Destination to another Media Agent
    Posted: 08-02-2010, 10:10 AM

Hi Matt.

Thanks for your reply, i thought this may have done the trick - thanks for confirming that.

Colin.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy