Move Data on mounth path to new mount path (magnetic lib)

Last post 04-25-2013, 1:15 AM by jordanxu. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Move Data on mounth path to new mount path (magnetic lib)
    Posted: 01-29-2013, 11:08 AM

I am not sure if this is the right section to be poting in. However i am wondering what is the best way to migrate data from existing mount paths on multiple Direct to disk options to a new mount path on the same direct to disk options.

Here is my scenerio. We have to do service to our storage tier which involves the deletion of all LUNs(SUCKS i know) so i need to migrate the data on all the month paths to a new storage tier with new mounth paths. what would be the best we to do this? should i just create new mount paths with temporary drive letters. copy the contents of the exiting mount path to the corresonding temporary drive letters then delete the old drives and redo the drive letters to the approiate letters as in the previous configuration?

• Re: Move Data on mounth path to new mount path (magnetic lib)
    Posted: 01-29-2013, 12:22 PM

Moving Magnetic Mount Paths

There are two ways to move the mount paths to another location:

• Move the contents of the entire mount path to another location. See Move a Mount Path for step-by-step instructions.
    • Retire (phase out) or move subsequent operations to another location and allow the data in the current location to be aged by the data aging operation. See Retire a Mount Path. for step-by-step instructions.

You can also attach the magnetic library to another MediaAgent by performing a Media Group Migration. See Migrate a Magnetic Library for step-by-step instructions.

Resolution

Move a Mount Path

The following procedure describes the steps involved in moving a mount path associated with a magnetic library.

To move a mount path:

1. Copy the CV_MAGNETIC folder (including its contents) from the current mount path location, to the new mount path location.
    2. From the CommCell Console, display the Galaxy Library and Drive Configuration window.
    3. Locate the magnetic library for which you wish to move the mount path.
    4. Right-click the mount path that you wish to move and then select Properties.
    5. From the Mount Path Properties dialog box, enter the new path.
    6. If you select Local Path, click Browse to select a mount path, or enter a mount path.
      • If you select Network Path, type the user name and password to access the network share. Click Browse to select a mount path, or enter a mount path.
    7. Click OK to save the information.

The mount path is moved to the specified location. Verify that the mount path is online and accessible after the move.

nevermind found this information online.

• Re: Move Data on mounth path to new mount path (magnetic lib)
    Posted: 04-25-2013, 1:15 AM
    Hi Spas, If you do decide to do an entire move of the contents of the CV_MAGNETIC folder, keep mind CV uses the sparse attributes which means a straight Windows copy of say 2TB worth of data under CV_MAGNETIC could turn into 3 or 4TB on destination as the destination will not have sparse attributes. What you may want to do is do a robocopy using this command: robocopy /E /B /COPYALL
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy