Replication from Windows Itanium and Windows Intel

Last post 05-17-2013, 2:10 PM by Vincenzo_Basolino. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Replication from Windows Itanium and Windows Intel
    Posted: 05-17-2013, 1:03 PM

Hello Guys,

I have a clustered Intel IA64 Windows 2008 with SQL Server installed on it. I need to replicate this DB to another machine with Windows X86_64. Is it possible to acomplish this task using CDR? if not, is there any other method using Simpana?

Thanks a lot,

• Re: Replication from Windows Itanium and Windows Intel
    Posted: 05-17-2013, 2:10 PM

No windows IA64 is not supported with CDR Nor SQL iDA.

I would advise, dumping the DB through SQL and restoring it through SQL on the new x64 cluster.  Once on the x64 cluster use SQL iDA to protect it.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy