Bandwidth throttling for CDR does not seem to work

Last post 07-25-2013, 8:07 AM by cv_noob. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Bandwidth throttling for CDR does not seem to work
    Posted: 06-14-2013, 5:00 AM

Hello All,

Hoping someone can help me here;

I have several source clients replicating to a single destination;

firstly i have set throttling to be active  "For destination machine start throttling on source when free disk (at log destination) is below 99%"

I have set throttling rules for source machine in 'Continuous Data Replicator' properties as follows:

Throttling Amount - 0.1279 Mbps

Bandwidth throttling Rules - Mon - Fri

12:01 AM - 07:59 AM - 50%

08:00 AM - 07:00 PM - 1%

07:01 PM - 11:59 PM - 50%

Sat - Sun

12:01 AM - 11:59 PM - 50%

The problem is that regardless of setting the rules above we can see that during business hours the 'source to destination' chat is still hogging the available upload on the bandwidth. (when it should be restricted to 1%)

Is there something i am missing here?

Thanks,

• Re: Bandwidth throttling for CDR does not seem to work
    Posted: 06-19-2013, 10:20 AM

Hi cv_noob,

Just an FYI, the minimum supported bandwith that is supported for throttling with CDR is 2MB/Hr, if the throttle limit is lower than 2MB/Hr it will automatically be reset to 2MB/Hr.

To confirm this is the issue you should see a line like the one below in your CDR.log.

GetOpWindowBandwidth() - Applying throttling for OpWindow, throttled bandwidth value [0] due to [1%] utilization of original bandwidth [57] is less than the lowest supported value of [2 MB/Hr]. Using the permissible minimum value of [2 MB/Hr]

• Re: Bandwidth throttling for CDR does not seem to work
    Posted: 07-25-2013, 8:07 AM

Hi Mike,

Thanks very much for your reply, that seems to have done the trick alright.

I was able to confirm from the CDR.log messages that the throttling is now taking place.

Though i did set 1Mbps as the bandwidth; I think it might be integers that it has a problem dealing with.

Kind Regards,

Mr Noob :)

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy