Not run because of disabled activity

Last post 07-04-2013, 5:39 PM by Ali. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Not run because of disabled activity
    Posted: 06-27-2013, 11:52 AM

I have now been in charge of (and using commvault) for a whole week. 

Exchange server backup.  There are two subclients, one is disabled and the other is not.  The enabled one gets the error every day.

When I look at the job history/backup history, there was nothing from September of 2012 until March of 2013.  I assume the job was disabled until then and someone just went in and turned it on.

In the Backup history, the message is Data management activity on Client is disabled.  Job will not run.  I saw another post that discusses verifying the data management checkbox for the job, but it was Sharepoint related and I can't find that check box in my job.

Everything else associated with this client is disabled, so best guess is someone turned it on by accident, I just can't find where.

Thanks in advance.

• Re: Not run because of disabled activity
    Posted: 06-27-2013, 1:18 PM
    Posted: 06-27-2013, 2:02 PM

All I see in that is one thing in early March where someone did a Reassociate Individual Subclients when I search by default_db (subclient in question).  Searching for the client name returns nothing.

Posted: 06-28-2013, 10:43 AM

Is the two subclient for Exchange> File system and Exchange Database?  If so, which one is enabled and gets the error every day?

Posted: 06-28-2013, 10:49 AM

Exchange Database.

Posted: 06-28-2013, 11:17 AM

Well if its the database running with errors, you may want to get with your Exchange Admin to verify things (database, transaction logs, etc) are good on that end first.  At the same time submit a ticket to CV Support.  Most of the time I've dealt with them regarding Exchange related issues, they are able to pin point if its on CV side or Server side.  Good luck.

Posted: 07-04-2013, 5:39 PM
    • Ali is not online. Last active: 07-03-2019, 12:32 PM Ali
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

hmhill17, what's the real problem, backups not running, or you finding out who stopped the backups from running. 

Can you send over the Audit report, make sure the dates are going back to when the client was installed, and give us the client name.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy