I've found its use only limited.
If i were to believe its graphs then since march my FS backups have increased from 3tb to 28 tb which just isn't the case. I suspect its a garbage in garbage out issue where our commserve db has has so much brain surgery over the years that its records are completely broken.
Libraries being removed, errors with libraries suddenly thinking they are full of duplicated tapes... data classifier deciding that incrementals should be the same size as fulls, storage policies being added and removed etc tend to blow out the data so that i can't really use the tool to reliably report anything to management.
I've rebuilt our commnet(or monitor - or whatever its called this week) in the last few days and that's cleaned up our media prediction a little bit but i still can't make heads nor tails of the data growth stats.
So far as I'm concerned the only useful report i can get out of it is the DP coverage one - thats very good for seeing trends - especially if you see a backup has failed over a few nights etc. The only thing it lacks is an indication of failed files.
Thats said - all of this is using the product with 0 training or information on it so maybe the problem is just something i've done along the way ;-)