Archive data modified between 3 and 5 years since last modified

Last post 04-07-2014, 9:29 PM by Ben-G. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Archive data modified between 3 and 5 years since last modified
    Posted: 08-14-2013, 12:17 PM

Hi all,

Looking to archive data to free up license and server space. We are looking to archive data that has not been modified between 3 and 5 years to disk and anything over 5 years to tape.

Is anybody else doing anything similar? I do not see how I can do this with the rules in Simpana 9 SP11.

Help/suggestions are welcomed.

• Re: Archive data modified between 3 and 5 years since last modified
    Posted: 08-14-2013, 3:37 PM

Maybe you can do the following:

You will need two subclients:

First one is archive to tape and set the rules to migrate everything 5 years or older.  Run this one first.

Second one is archive to magnetic.  Archive data 3 years or older.  Since all the data on the first client took care of all the older data from 5 years and beyond, the second will only do everything 3 years - 5 years.

• Re: Archive data modified between 3 and 5 years since last modified
    Posted: 04-07-2014, 9:29 PM

Hi,

I would like to feedback on this:

I am assuming you are refering to classif file archiving agent.

this wil work only if the files older than 5 years and files between 3 and 5 years are in the different folder.  if the are all mixed in the same folder then this will not work, as the file archiving subclient does not allow 2 subclient with same path.

If the files are all mixed in 1 folder, I think the alternative is to do this:

-create a file archiving subclient for the folder and attach to a storage policy with primary copy to disk and secondary copy to tape.

- first set the rule to archive files more than 5 years old, run the archive job and then make sure all data is auxed to tape.

- delete the archive job on the disk copy.

- then set the rul to archive files more than 3 years oold, and schedule the archive job moving forward. 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy