Build up of .CVL files

Last post 09-05-2013, 8:06 AM by jackedaniels. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Build up of .CVL files
    Posted: 08-19-2013, 9:01 AM

I current have an issue with some of my CDR pairs building up a large amount of CVL files.  I though these were suppose to replay and commit at the destination once they arrived.

I have several servers replcaiting in data and a few seem to have CVL files that date several days back.  Is this normal??

• Re: Build up of .CVL files
    Posted: 08-19-2013, 9:15 PM
    • Ali is not online. Last active: 07-03-2019, 12:32 PM Ali
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Hi jack, hope you are well.

By chance, ist he pair showing in a "Pair is in inconsistent state" error?  Log build up may be 'normal' in that case.

Posted: 08-20-2013, 8:09 AM

No, not showing inconsistent.

A couple were showing replicating and one was Checksum Calculation and another was baseline.

Anyways, I stopped, aborted them all and restarted.  Seems to have cleared up the cvl files

Posted: 08-20-2013, 9:15 AM
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Thanks for the follow up Jack, typically inconsistent pair state, has been the most common cause for these files to build up.

If this happens again, plesae call into the Support Hotline, would be good to find out the root cause.

Posted: 08-21-2013, 11:01 AM

On the source side all pairs need to be in replicating state in order for CVL files to be deleted.  Once the data reaches the destination, as the logs are getting replayed they should get deleted.

Posted: 08-29-2013, 2:39 PM

If a pair is in checksum then the CVL files will not reply on the destination??

Posted: 09-04-2013, 9:43 PM
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Hi Jack, how did this turn out.

If i'm not mistaken, only once replayed and replicating will the logs be removed.

Posted: 09-05-2013, 8:06 AM
    Ok, I was hoping that wouldn’t be the case. Looks like I will need to copy the files to a portable storage device to re-seed them
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy