VM backup with simmpanaV10

Last post 11-18-2013, 9:44 AM by Willie_F. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • VM backup with simmpanaV10
    Posted: 11-17-2013, 10:54 AM

Hello,

i'm here to have steps to backup vmware hosts with simmpanaV10.

it's my first experience with simmpana.

the commserve and media agent is a same physicall host win2008 server Enterprise.

the hosts to be backup are vmware hosts .

we have a vcenter with 10 hosts(windows).

Please Can someone tell me the steps to configure properly this environnement ?

can i create each VM as a subclient? or is it only the Vcenter i have to  create as subclient and configure it and all vm will be backups?

or

Thanks for your help

• Re: VM backup with simmpanaV10
    Posted: 11-17-2013, 5:55 PM

Hi,

You can create Vcenter instance and backup all the 10 VM's in one subclient.

Thanks,

Bhama

Posted: 11-18-2013, 4:11 AM

Hi,

thanks for your reply,

But as i said i'm new with simpana,could you please provide the steps to create this instance?

thanks

Posted: 11-18-2013, 9:44 AM

@mito - Here is the link to create the virtualization client:

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/release_10_0_0/books_online_1/english_us/products/vs_vmware/config_basic.htm

This link will also guide you through the remaining steps of the configuration as well.

Client Team Supervisor - Focus on Virtualization
    Follow me on Twitter - @wfarinella
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy