Selective Copy question

Last post 12-02-2013, 1:52 PM by JohnB352. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Selective Copy question
    Posted: 12-02-2013, 11:07 AM

We have a server that we migrated all data (user files) to different servers.  Therefore we no longer backup this server.  I created a Selective copy to copy all of the Full backups of the older server to tape.  That is complete, all of the backups have been copied to tape.  I will delete the old backup jobs from that server.  Basically, the purpose here is to free up disk space on a MA.

I no longer want the Selective Copy jobs to run, because the data is all copied to tape.  How do I stop this?  If I delete the policy copy, and if the jobs were on the MA they would get deleted.  But the jobs are on tape.  If I delete this Selective Copy would I still be able to do a restore from the tapes, if needed?

• Re: Selective Copy question
    Posted: 12-02-2013, 12:36 PM
    • Ali is not online. Last active: 07-03-2019, 12:32 PM Ali
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Hi JohnB, hope you are well.

On the properties of the Selective copy (General tab) there is checkbox for "Active" unchecking this would prevent the copy from running, going forward.  If you delete the copy you will loose the abliity to restore of course, suggest not to do that.

• Re: Selective Copy question
    Posted: 12-02-2013, 1:52 PM

Ali:

Hi JohnB, hope you are well.

On the properties of the Selective copy (General tab) there is checkbox for "Active" unchecking this would prevent the copy from running, going forward.  If you delete the copy you will loose the abliity to restore of course, suggest not to do that.

Oh.... Sorry I hadn't seen that.  

Thanks!

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy