Client install failed

Last post 12-11-2013, 10:11 AM by ahthomas. 10 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Client install failed
    Posted: 12-04-2013, 9:23 AM

I'm trying to push the CV client to a DMZ server. I'm getting the below error even though I know the credentials are correct.

Error Code: [68:174]
    Description: Failed to install File System Core Package, the credentials entered may not have permission to use WMI on remote machine. Please check WMI configuration and user credentials.
    Source: csg-commserve01, Process: DistributeSoftware

• Re: Client install failed
    Posted: 12-04-2013, 2:44 PM
    • Ali is not online. Last active: 02-22-2019, 10:44 AM Ali
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Hi ahthomas,

Could you please post the DistributeSoftware.log from the CommServe machine to this post.

Posted: 12-04-2013, 2:47 PM

Where is that located? Can't remember.

Posted: 12-04-2013, 2:50 PM
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Should be under default Program Files\...\Log Files

Posted: 12-04-2013, 2:54 PM

Attached

Posted: 12-06-2013, 9:13 AM

Following up on this.

Posted: 12-06-2013, 10:53 AM
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Thanks Adam, could you confirm that there are no denials on the Firewall end.

From the logs its appears to be a connection issue, however too vague to confirm this.  Also what Service Pack level are you on the CommServe machine.  Please upload full CommServe logs if you haven't done so already, we're in process of logging an Incident for you.

Posted: 12-06-2013, 10:55 AM

The error specifically mentions WMI. That tells me it's passing through our firewall.

The CommServe is version 4b. If I can just copy local and install the client manually, there's no need for an incident. I was just curious what that error was talking about.

Posted: 12-06-2013, 10:59 AM
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Yes, that would work too, you could also just UNC from the client to this directory on the CS and lauch the installer remotely [D:\Program Files\CommVault\Simpana\SoftwareCache], no need to copy the pkg over.

Posted: 12-11-2013, 10:07 AM

a colleague of mine received the same error message...
    but in fact it was a nearly full utilized C:\ drive. nothing to do with permissions.

kind regards,
    Sebastian

Posted: 12-11-2013, 10:11 AM

sebastiank:

a colleague of mine received the same error message...
    but in fact it was a nearly full utilized C:\ drive. nothing to do with permissions.

kind regards,
    Sebastian

I copied the install files locally and it was fine. C: drive is nowhere near full...

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy