Beanshell

Last post 09-11-2014, 1:12 AM by PeteC. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Beanshell
    Posted: 01-21-2014, 12:45 AM

Has anyone got links to good tutorials on beanshell and in particular how it is implemented in the Workflow engine?

I'm automating a bunch of stuff at the moment and it looks like a crash course in beanshell is required for what I need to do and I'm struggling with the concepts.

I'm used to PowerShell, VBScript, perl, etc. but JavaScript and beanshell are a bit foreign at present.

• Re: Beanshell
    Posted: 02-27-2014, 8:54 PM

PeteC

The nice thing about the Workflow feature is that it should accomodate to whatever scripting or programing language you like to use.  There are multiple ways you can design the workflow to utilize external scripts or even applications if you choose.

Let us know exactly where you are having problems integrating into the workflow.  I dont see there being a problem using powershell, VBScript or perl.

~david

• Re: Beanshell
    Posted: 09-11-2014, 1:12 AM

Thanks David, wow I forgot I had this thread!

I've decided I'll stick with what I know and will work on integrating PowerShell/Perl/etc. as I need it.

I have an issue with PowerShell working but I'll start a separate topic for that now.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy