Automate monthly restore

Last post 03-05-2014, 7:50 AM by Dragos Madarasan. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Automate monthly restore
    Posted: 03-05-2014, 7:50 AM

Hi,

As part of the backup system we have, we currently have a monthly call logged to our 3rd line teams to do a few sample restores for each client to ensure the backups are actually there and restores work.

I am trying to automate this task by using workflows and have made some good progress. 

In short, the workflow currently has as input parameters a restore sourch path and a client group. It gets 2 random clients from each client group and does a restore to a fixed destination client, creating a folder for each client. It then emails me the results

The only issue is  that I haven't seen a way for the source path (e.g. what is restored) to be randomized which is why I currently set it as an input. 

Is that possible in any way? It would also have to be a random based on operating system.

I am really curious if anyone is doing something like this to actually test the backups being done.

thanks

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy