Content Index a Copy

Last post 03-21-2014, 7:53 AM by Donsambucci. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Content Index a Copy
    Posted: 03-20-2014, 12:48 PM

I have a 90 day retention storage policy I use for archiving and content indexing normal file systems.  We are moving from Notes to Exchange 2013 and have Exchange Compliance Archiving enabled for 7 years.  I wanted to also setup content indexing for that archive but I discovered I couldn't create a new SP with content indexing and point it to the search engine as it said the search engine was already used by another SP.

I thought about it and decided to try and use the current 90 day SP and create a copy that is retained for 7 years.  My question is, will I be able to content index the data in the 7 year copy after the original 90 days has expired?  Is there a better way to accomplish what I am trying to do (utilize the Exchange Compliance Archive with a 7 year retention and be able to content index any job within that time)?

• Re: Content Index a Copy
    Posted: 03-20-2014, 9:21 PM
    • Ali is not online. Last active: 07-03-2019, 12:32 PM Ali
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Hi dlowe, what version of Simpana are you running?

Posted: 03-20-2014, 9:30 PM
    That is good info to I should have provided. I am running 10 with SP5a.
    Posted: 03-20-2014, 9:30 PM
    That is good info to I should have provided. I am running 10 with SP5a. Double post
    Posted: 03-21-2014, 7:53 AM

Hi dlowe,

You are correct, we can only setup 1 Search again per policy.

When content indexing a storage policy, we typically by default use the storage policy total rention time unless otherwise specificed to be different. If the default setting has not been modified we will be able to still perform searches and restores because we are able to identify that the data is on another copy within the storage policy.

Thank you
    Don

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy