Outlook add in - where does it get webserver info from? (v10)

Last post 03-24-2014, 4:29 PM by Pete Clements. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Outlook add in - where does it get webserver info from? (v10)
    Posted: 03-24-2014, 3:26 PM

Hi all,

I've got a bit of a question about how the Outlook Add In works.

We have a webcosole installed on a server. The Tomcat service is running on port 80. The IIS service is running on port 82.

My question is about how the Outlook Add In get's the information on where to look for the websearch/console server. As far as I'm aware, it doesn't have any configuration settings as part of the installation. So it won't even know where the Commserve is. The only thing it can do is talk to Outlook or maybe Exchange.

The reason I ask is that the cvprovider.log is finding reporting that it finds the webserver on port 81. This is incorrect, and possibly a result of a previous installation that should have been removed. I'd like to know how the Add In accesses this information (does it speak to Exchange, or the iDA on the Exchange server, or look at metadata in the mailbox, or something else?) so I can try and track down and correct the port number!

If anyone has a good understanding then I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks as ever!

Pete

• Re: Outlook add in - where does it get webserver info from? (v10)
    Posted: 03-24-2014, 3:36 PM

the web server is set on client properties of the client on which the Exchange Mailbox agent resides. 

Go to client properties -> Advanced -> Web Server URLs

You can select the web server here.  When the next mailbox backup runs it will set a property within each mailbox which contains that web server URL.  The outlook addin will read that property and trigger the recall request to that server.  

Wearer of Many Hats
  • Re: Outlook add in - where does it get webserver info from? (v10)
    Posted: 03-24-2014, 4:29 PM

Ahh OK thanks. I knew the webserver was set on the client properties, but I wasn't sure if it should be the CAS, MBX or archive proxy server.

And, you say it's the mailbox backup job that will re-write the metadata property....so hopefully after tonight's backup we should be back on track.

Many thanks

Pete

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy