Generate Library and Drive Utilization

Last post 09-16-2010, 1:16 PM by db2004. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Generate Library and Drive Utilization
    Posted: 09-14-2010, 12:51 AM

Hi All,

My client have a corporate setup of commvault simpana 8.0 SP4 they have several library installed on their environment. What i would to know is if theres any way to generate reports from commvault about the usage of each library and drive such as data writes / day and data reads / day  and even better if i could generate a statistic of the library and drive usage per week / month so i could count the number of drive i need to improove read and write performance of commvault. Any one can help me on this ... would appreciate so much.

Thanks for the information

• Re: Generate Library and Drive Utilization
    Posted: 09-14-2010, 10:42 AM

For the level of reporting you are looking for your best option would be Commnet\Commcell Monitor.

Check out the following link

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/release_8_0_0/books_online_2/english_us/prod_overview/qnet_overview.htm

This has logging for :

Data Protection Coverage
    Window Utilization
    Data Recovery Coverage
    Media Management Performance
    Prediction Capabilities
    Q-Factor
    Primary Storage and Media Based Costing
    Load

-db2004

Posted: 09-14-2010, 12:03 PM

hi db2004,

Is there any other way, as we dont have any comnet server \ commcell monitor license. This is a single CommServe setup so the management didnt think that we need to purchase the commnet \ commcell monitor license.

Regards,

Othman

Posted: 09-16-2010, 1:16 PM

Hello

Beyond the standard reporting in CV reports you could look at Comcmell Explorer. This can give you the ability to create your own customer reports:

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/release_8_0_0/books_online_1/english_us/features/commcell_explorer/commcell_explorer.htm

But based on your request for usage and planning Commcell monitor is best option.

Thanks

db2004

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy