Aux Copy Disk to Disk error

Last post 09-14-2010, 7:23 PM by JWeir. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Aux Copy Disk to Disk error
    Posted: 09-14-2010, 12:36 PM

I have an aux copy that is copying from (source) Disk to (destination) Disk and my streams are failing with the following error. I would like to know if this is a known issue or if there is an update for this error? I am on 8.0 sp4

Library [-[SLS-FP1] - [MAG]], MediaAgent [sls-fp1.beazer.net], Drive Pool [DrivePool_Magnetic_44], MountPath[Y:\]: The operation cannot be completed as the media is outside the library.

• Re: Aux Copy Disk to Disk error
    Posted: 09-14-2010, 3:41 PM

I am unaware of of any update specific to that error with a post SP4 update. I would open a support TR to get further assistance in troubleshooting the issue.

-db2004

Posted: 09-14-2010, 4:51 PM

mkobal

The error message "The operation cannot be completed as the media is outside the library." implies there is a problem getting the data from the source.  Have you checked to make sure he source data is still available?  Did you check the jobs in you Aux Copy policy?

Posted: 09-14-2010, 7:23 PM

MKobal,

One update that may resolve this is update 17659.  This update is available to download through Maintenance Advantage.  Below are the details of the update.  If the issue persists after applying the update, I would recommend having a Support Ticket opened to further investigate.

8.0.0B68_AuxCopyFromDiskLibFailsDBError(17659).exe

Auxiliary Copy job may go to pending with JPR "Failed to retrieve drive pool information" when source data is on disk library.
    (Update 17659)

James

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy