Can't install iDA on WinXP

Last post 04-11-2014, 7:42 AM by dandre. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Can't install iDA on WinXP
    Posted: 04-08-2014, 10:08 AM

Hello,

Today I encountered a problem with installation of iDA on WinXP Pro (SP 3) desktop. I use local administrator account, firewalls on both CS and WinXP machines are disabled, entries in hosts file are made, communication between them is ok - direct connect, proper ports range is available. Still I am not able to establish communication beetwen them. I tried either push install nad local. Maybe somoene had a similar issue and managed to resolve it? Thank you!

Pawel

• Re: Can't install iDA on WinXP
    Posted: 04-08-2014, 4:30 PM
    • Ali is not online. Last active: 07-03-2019, 12:32 PM Ali
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Hi Pawel,

Is there a physical Firewall between the CommServe and the client?  Also what is the error you are recieving?

Posted: 04-09-2014, 4:56 AM

Hello Ali,

Thanks for the reply.

There is no either physical or software firewall between CS and the client. Moreover, after few attempts I connected them directly. I am recieving coummunication error. There is no problem with other systems in the same subnet.

Regards

Pawel

Posted: 04-09-2014, 1:45 PM
    • Ali is not online. Last active: 07-03-2019, 12:32 PM Ali
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Hi Pawel, whats the error exactly, and could you share the Installer logs?

Start --> Run --> "%Allusersprofile"

There should be a CommVault Systems directory if you could zip that up and post it here.

Posted: 04-09-2014, 5:11 PM

Also, make sure the Windows firewall and UAC are both disabled on all machines involved.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-are-user-account-control-settings#1TC=windows-7

Posted: 04-11-2014, 7:42 AM

Make sure you can open a connection (telnet) to port 8400 on the CS.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy